We spent the first half of the week at the Andrews. We had a great time and a great Christmas.
I thought I would also share about our really-bad-not-so-good day. For some reason on Sunday at 2 am Cooper decided to wake up (I am guessing it was a combo of the two new teeth coming in and wanting to go home). Since we were right down the hall from my brother and my sister, we did everything we could to calm him down so he wouldn't wake anyone up. But he just kept getting more and more upset, so I finally at 4 am (for the first time in his life) plopped him in the car and drove down to the temple and back. He was sound asleep right away, but as soon as I got him out of the car, up the driveway, through the front door, up the stairs and around the corner, of course he was awake again. FINALLY at 5 am (3 hours later) we got him to fall asleep on our bed, so Jason and I moved our stuff down to the couch for a little more sleep.
Later on that day Jason went out to the car and noticed we had a flat tire (a big 'ole nail in the sidewall)... which I got while driving my son around at 4 in the morning. Discount Tires is not open on Sundays (where we have a tire warranty), so we had to pull everything out of the trunk and pop on the donut (which we ended up driving home on as well).
We had planned to meet my friend Hayley at church, who told us it was at 11. I had been trying to get ahold of her all weekend, but never did (turns out her son tossed her cell phone in the toliet for a little swim). We got our exhausted baby up from a 20 min nap, threw on his suit, and ran out the door. Turns out we went to the wrong building... no ward at 11! Guess we'll have to try again next time, Hayley!!
It was not a very fun day, but we made it home alive. And as my family always says... it is either a good day or a good story. Yikes!

6 comments:
That sounds like quite the day. It seems like kids always get stressed when they aren't in their familiar environment.
I hate days like that. When you're having them, it's the worst thing that could happen to you right then. And it's never just one thing that goes wrong, always a series of things! But, it was a good story, I'm just sorry it wasn't a good day!
I found your cute blog! What a bummer of a day for you. At least you had a fun date night!
By the way, I need your email address but here's the info you wanted: the sippy cup is called 2 Handle No-spill 10 oz Cup & I think Target has them. Good luck and here's the Nuby site if you want to see a picture.
(http://www.nubysippycup.com/BPA_Free_Sippy_Cups_Nuby.html)
Cooper is so darling. How's the weaning going? Happy 1st birthday almost Coop!!
so fun you got to get dressed up to go to the nutcracker, you look great!
sorry it was such a rough night! I like that saying, might have to borrow it every now and then.
Post a Comment