Thursday, August 28, 2008

What's new in the life of Cooper...

So here's a few fun new things that Cooper is up to! He still doesn't have any teeth, but we let him try a few finger foods yesterday. He did a great job! He tried whole wheat bread and some avocado. He also isn't crawling yet, but now he can get his knees up under him (however, he cannot do his arms at the same time, so his face ends up in the carpet).

Recently, when we talk to Cooper he will often 'talk' back. He wiggles his jaw up and down, but no sound comes out. It's pretty funny. I caught it on video.

Also, he has learned how to use the slats in his crib like a ladder, and pushes himself up to the top. He also likes to yank the quilt down that I have draped over the back. He looks pretty proud of himself, don't you think?


And, as his 8 month birthday approaches (on Tuesday), we are officially in size 4 diapers now. Look how huge they are next to the newborn size! I guess in Cooper's defense, he only wore newborn diapers for 2 weeks.


So, that is what's new with our little man! More excitement to come!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a cutie!

Unknown said...

He is so adorable. If I lived closer to you, he would have to play with Lexi tons. Mostly because I want to play with him.

Debra said...

He is too cute! I love him trying to talk...you can tell he's got a lot to say!

valumama said...

what a cute "grandpa" looking conversation! he is pretty cute!, funny how they know something isn't allowed, and that just makes them more proud of themselves.