Friday, August 15, 2008

Flame Resistant??

Since the weather decided to be cooler this week, I decided to buy Cooper some real jammies (he's just been sleeping in onesies since it has been so warm). He doesn't fit in the clothes in the infant section anymore (sigh) so now we shop in the toddler section.

So, I went to find him some cute stuff. The 12 months stuff was so tight and small! There's no way I can get his chubby little hands through those tiny little sleeves. And what's the deal with pjs being 'flame resistant'?? ALL of the tags say: "Sleepwear should be flame resistant or snug fitting to meet US Consumer Product Safety Commission sleepwear requirements." Do people really keep their children that close to open flame?? And if your kiddo IS that close to open flame, are tight pjs really going to save him??

So, maybe I am totally missing the point here, but I was a terrible mom and bought Cooper the 18 month pjs, which look way comfier and much cuter.

5 comments:

Tim and Family said...

He's so cute. I can't believe he's in 18 month pj's! That's crazy! Do people tell you he's going to be a linebacker?

The Weinert's said...

That's too funny. I don't get the flame resistant thing either...or tight fitting pj's! Kelsey right now is all about the loose and baggy. In fact, she'll ditch her pajamas in the night, even though they are already a size too big, because they are too binding to her.

Unknown said...

He looks so cute in his pj's. I can't believe he is wearing 18 months clothes. What a cutie.

Hayley Hatch said...

I have always wondered that myself...like are the babies going to spontaniously combust if their jammies are too loose? I don't get it...

Anonymous said...

He is so cute, and you are soo funny. I can't believe he's wearing 18mo clothes. He and Caden can share. We miss you guys!
Tammy