Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Keeping Busy

I think having a baby has made this summer (and life) go by so fast! I can totally agree with Keith Urban: "Days go by... I can feel 'em flying like a hand out the window in the wind as the cars go by!"

1st - My little sister turns 18 this week. Happy Birthday, Crystal!

We went down to Parker last weekend for her b-day. We went to the neighborhood pool (minus the b-day girl) while we were there to try and beat the heat. (For those of you not living in CO, we beat a record this summer... most consecutive days over 90 degrees!)

Cooper and his daddy.

Cooper and Pap-Pap
Pap-Pap and Grammy!
Uncle Nick and his girlfriend Aimee
Three generations!

Next - Anyone who has eaten a meal with us knows how BADLY Cooper wants to eat 'big people food'. If you're eating it, he begs for it! So we let him try some (already eaten) corn cobs. He loved 'em!




And finally... we went to the Larimer County Fair last night. It was 4H night, and Cooper loved the animals! The goats...


the pigs (Cooper thought they were so funny!)...

the sheep...

...which were my favorite. I always thought I wanted a cow, but I thought these guys were SO cute. I made a few friends.

And there were tons of birds too. Chickens, roosters, ducks, geese, and turkeys. Have you ever seen a live turkey before? I'm sorry, but they are hideous! I just had to take a picture. Oh well, at least they are tasty!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun summer. Your new hair is so cute!

Sarah and Nate said...

You guys sure are staying busy! Looks like you are having lots of fun along the way!