Friday, February 6, 2009

Change and a Trip

It is amazing to me how much Cooper has changed in just the past few weeks. He is all toddler and into EVERYTHING (little did I know what that really meant). He can crawl up the stairs, go down his little slide in the backyard all by himself, flush the potty (I'm so glad Jason let him figure that one out), loves to push buttons (like messing up the clock in our room) and pretty much refuses to eat anything except yogurt, bread, and crackers. It is really fun to watch his little personality come out, the good and the not so good. He is down to one nap now, which balances out okay because he usually sleeps 12-13 hours at night.

We spent the last week in Pennsylvania with my mom's family. It was fun to see everyone, and Cooper was so good! I was honestly quite terrified of a 4 hour plane ride followed by a 2 hour car ride. But Cooper was an angel! And he took a nap every day we were there... he really was great! And my mom was such a big help... THANK YOU! I couldn't have traveled without you.

We did have a little excitement on the trip... my mom got a little behind the morning we were leaving and we ended up practicly running to our flight and didn't get to eat anything until dinner time. And then when we landed in Balitmore, Southwest had lost the carseat!!! They ended up giving us a loaner for free, but we wasted an 1 1/2 getting it taken care of (on top of the fact we hadn't eaten all day!). But, like I said, Cooper was an angel. And on the way home, we almost got stuck in the elevator. And in our haste to leave Denver, I hadn't shut my car door properly and the battery had died. And of course neither I nor my dad had jumper cables with us. But airport security came to save us and we made it home in one piece. All in all, I would say a success!

My grandma and aunts and uncles did a little surprise party for my mom and Cooper. Cooper actually ate some of this cute little cake my Aunt Brenda got for him!






And one quick video from our trip ... this is one of Cooper's new favorite things to do. He just went back and forth behind my aunt's couch for close to 30 mins. It was funny to watch because people could only see the stroller moving.


No comments: