Monday, January 12, 2009

Birthday

We had a very small birthday part for Cooper last weekend (as to not overwhelm the birthday boy). Of course he refused to take a nap that morning, but all went fairly well.



I made Cooper his own little heart shaped cake!



Cooper's favorite part... the flames!



No, I don't think I want to try this stuff.


Caleb saw me helping Cooper to try the cake and came over to help too.




It's not very tasty, but kind of fun to squish!


Cooper had his 1 year checkup as well last week.

Height: 32" (100%)
Weight: 24.5 lbs (70%)
Head: 49.5 cm (100%)

I knew he would get skinnier someday, but he is actually staying quite tall! It will be interesting to see how he grows.

Also, Cooper can crawl on hands and knees (up until a few days ago it was only an army crawl), pulls up on everything, has three words: "dada", "mama", and "hot" (we've been teaching him about the fireplace... he actually says it very clearly!), does one baby sign ("more") and is working on tooth #6.

Love ya, Coop!

7 comments:

Tim and Family said...

So I totally have that shirt too! I couldn't pass up a $5 shirt from old navy!!!

That's good to hear that Cooper is finally moving, have fun baby proofing a little more and teaching the word no!

glen-denise-vince-mckee-cam said...

hey erica.
fun birthday party. the cake looked so cute! i'm sure cooper loved it. what a great mom!
doesn't it seem like you just had him. i told glen the other day that the year 2008 has flown by so fast. i can't believe it.
again i have to tell you that your hair is so dang cute and you look awesome.
love you guys.
denise

valumama said...

happy birthday big guy... funny that you think 70th percentile is "skinny", I had a little chuckle.

Angella said...

Happy Birthday, Cooper! You are cute as ever!

Eliza said...

Glad he had a good birthday.
Time sure does fly! I agree with valerie...70th percentile is NOT skinny!!! ;o)

James, Sarah, Cameron and baby Paige said...

Oh Happy Birthday! He's 1!! Bitter sweet. . .they just keep getting bigger! He's darling!

Candace said...

Happy Birthday Cooper!