Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A free-cation and Cooper's first word!

Well, I still don't have anything from our Grand Junction trip, but wanted to post about some other exciting things.

Jason had to do a few hours work in Granby, CO (which is very close to Winter Park) on Monday morning, and got a hotel Sunday night courtesy of work. So Cooper and I went along! Work paid for the hotel, the rental car, and Jason's food. We might try and scam more of these trips in the future. : )

We drove the scenic route on the way down (following the Poudre River) and saw some Moose! It was a mama moose and her baby. So cute!


We stayed at the Silvercreek Inn. Cute little place... it actually had two separate rooms. It was nice when I had to put Cooper down for a nap.



And, I saved the best for last. Cooper has decided his first word will be... MAMA! I'm so proud (and Jason is SO jealous). He also does a few raspberries for you here. His best 'mamas' are at the end. YAY COOPER!!!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is so cute Erica. I wish I could get my baby to say mama, its all about the dada in our house!

valumama said...

so cute! i have to say he is one mean raspberry making machine!

christy said...

that is so cute. david's first word was car so neither dustin or i got to gloat about being david's first word. oh well for us but CONGRATS for you!

Angella said...

he is so cute!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I have never heard a 6 month old baby say so clearly Mama! He is so darling!

Emily said...

Cute little mama's boy there! Although I'm sure he and Jason will connect really well, Cooper will always have a special spot for his mama (because you'll remind him every day what his first word was!)