Sunday, August 23, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

Jason and I got to spend 1 1/2 days and two nights to ourselves for our anniversary!! Jason's parents watched Cooper (thank you!!), who did a great job considering he had a double ear infection (we didn't find this out until after). It was really fun to reconnect as a couple. We did a few sightseeing things. These first few pics are from the Royal Gorge.

I didn't realize how scared of heights I was until I had to walk across this bridge. This is the world's highest suspension bridge. The only reason you can't see my terror is because I'm wearing sunglasses!!
This is a pic from the bottom. A VERY high bridge!

Jason's dad got us a room on the Air Force base. This is the general's suite. It was the biggest room available... and very posh! Thanks again!



We went to Manitou Springs for an afternoon. We got frozen custard and played in the penny arcades. So fun! Jason's probably playing the word's first driving game here.

We also went to Cave of the Winds and did a tour. Very cool!

We had so much fun. Happy 5 years, Jay! I love you!

2 comments:

The Benfields said...

seriously what a fun trip! i am so happy you guys had a fun time!

Stacey said...

happy anniversary! what a fun trip! good for you guys for taking it. :)
p.s. i really like your new background, font, etc! i'm not sure how long it's been there since i use google reader but i really like it! it looks great!